The holiday season is here and to celebrate, the remi team is sharing their favourite festive recipes in our annual ’12 Days of remi Recipes’ blog series. Enjoy!
Ingredients & Directions
These tapas are easy and delicious.
12 Medjool dates, pits removed
6 pieces of prosciutto, sliced in half lengthwise
12 small pieces of Manchego cheese
½ cup caramelized nuts (recipe below)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the pit from the dates and stuff with 1 caramelized nut and 1 small piece of Manchego cheese.
- Wrap the stuffed date in a piece of prosciutto.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or aluminum foil.
- Bake at 425 degrees until heated through and crispy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove to a serving platter and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Ingredients & Directions for caramelized nuts
2 cups mixed nuts, such as almonds, cashews and pecans
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small pinch cayenne pepper, to taste
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 sprig of rosemary, de-stemmed and chopped
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
A generous pinch of your favorite salt
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add your nuts of choice.
- Stir or pan flip to coat the nuts in melted butter and add the brown sugar.
- Stir the nuts again to make sure they are evenly coated in sugar and leave the pan untouched over the heat until you start to see wisps of white smoke, about one minute. Then stir or pan flip until all of the smoke is gone.
- Place the pan back on the heat and repeat as many times as needed until all of the sugar is
melted and the nuts are a beautiful toasty golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the cinnamon, cayenne pepper, rosemary, and salt.
- Stir the mixture until evenly coated and then spread out on a cookie sheet covered with parchment
paper to cool.
- Once cooled, these nuts can be stored in an airtight container, like a Ziploc bag, in your freezer for months.